Well, I jumped into the deep end – big time! I put down money down on another place called The Legacy. The primary reason was the outdoor living space. I will show you the two floor plans to demonstrate the difference.
Stonebridge Lofts (where I currently live)
1166 Square Feet
Balcony: 72 Square Feet
Kitchen: 11’10” x 18’4″
Living: 13’1″ x 16’8″
Master: 13’8″ x 12’9″
Spare: 12’0″ x 11’4″
The Legacy (new place)
1190 Square Feet
Balcony: 411 Square Feet
Kitchen: 19’5″ x 12’4″
Living: 16’4″ x 10’11”
Master: 12’8″ x 14’1″
Spare: 10’9″ x 10’8″
The layout of the new place is very similar to my current place. A good thing. I love the layout of my place. The biggest difference looks to be a slight increase in square footage, and the balcony size (amazing!!).
When you break down the differences, the new place has more storage, a dining nook (which would be great) to have a dining table, and an huge outdoor living space.
- Kitchen is about the same size, just turned towards the dining nook
- Living area approximately the same size
- Master Bedroom approximately the same size
- Laundry closet is NOW a room to walk into – maybe, this could be a pantry too??
- Spare Room is smaller, but gain a full wall closet, and I still have room for a Murphy bed
- HUGE outdoor space for outdoor living without looking at a pool (which I currently do now)
The other item I am doing differently is that I bought a second parking spot for visitors. Parking is becoming more of a premium in this area so I thought it would be a good idea.
Fun, fun and fun to pick out finishes. More to come!